What should I do if I have been diagnosed with cancer?

If you are diagnosed with cancer, you should seek experienced, professional help. You’ll have many questions and concerns about the various aspects of the therapy and care that you’ll need. And you’ll want to develop an ongoing relationship with a cancer care team. Contact a clinic or cancer facility that you can trust and feel confident in their ability to manage your care.        
Finding out you have cancer presents many changes for you and your loved ones. You probably have lots of questions:
Can my disease be cured?
What are the best treatment options?
Will treatment hurt?
How long will treatment take?
Will I have to stay in a hospital?
How much will it cost?
Simply having some answers can help you feel more in control and less worried about what lies ahead. Talking with your doctor or nurse is the best way to understand what is going on with your body and how treatment will work to control the disease.

Continue Learning about Cancer Diagnosis

5 Ways to Stay Emotionally Fit After a Cancer Diagnosis
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer many of the conversations and decisions that follow will focus on your physical health. But you also need to ca...
What is spiral computed tomography?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A spiral (or helical) computed tomography (CT) scan is a new kind of CT. During a spiral CT, the x-r...
What should I do if I am diagnosed with invasive cancer?
If you have invasive cancer, you should take the time to discuss all of your options. Your tumor may...
How Can We Find the Cure for Cancer?
How Can We Find the Cure for Cancer?