What is flow cytometry?

Flow cytometry allows physicians to examine the DNA in cells and determine if cancer is present. In addition to bone and soft tissue tumors, this test is also used to diagnosis blood cancers (leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma).

Continue Learning about Cancer Diagnosis

5 Ways to Stay Emotionally Fit After a Cancer Diagnosis
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer many of the conversations and decisions that follow will focus on your physical health. But you also need to ca...
How can an ultrasound help diagnose cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Also called a sonogram, ultrasound works by bouncing high frequency sound waves off tissues in y...
What questions should I ask my doctor after a cancer diagnosis?
Morteza Dowlatshahi, MDMorteza Dowlatshahi, MD
Patients should ask their doctor what type and stage of cancer they're presenting with, says Morteza...
War on Cancer
War on Cancer