How can a weak immune system affect my risk of developing cancer?

Chronic suppression of the immune system is known to increase the risk of certain cancers. This means that the immune system is not working as effectively as it should. Long-term suppression of the immune system has been observed in patients who have experienced organ transplantation and are taking immunosuppressive medications.

Continue Learning about Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

Fat Greases the Skids for Cancer Cells
Fat Greases the Skids for Cancer Cells
In the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, it was unseasonably warm and repeated losses by the usually gold-medal draped Norwegian cross country ski team prom...
How does sun exposure affect my risk of developing cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun is a known risk factor for the three most common ...
What environmental hazards can increase my risk of cancer?
Air pollution, exposure to mold toxins or toxic chemicals, and living with high levels of radon ...
Can Stress Really Cause Cancer?
Can Stress Really Cause Cancer?