How can I reduce my risk of cancer?

According to the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund, weight management, exercise, and proper nutrition are keys to reducing your risk of cancer. And the earlier in life you adopt these practices, the better. Research also proves that exercise can help you cope with cancer treatment as well.

In addition, high levels of physical activity reduce cancer mortality rates by 38%. In a nine-year study, 7,735 high-fit middle-aged men enjoyed a lower risk of death from cancer than men who weren’t fit. The fitness levels were measured by resting heart rate.

Continue Learning about Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

What Are the Top Biomedical Research Priorities at the NIH?
Why Is There Concern that Cell Phones May Cause Cancer?
What Are the Latest Advances in Cancer Treatment?
Are There Tests for Predicting Cancer?
Are There Tests for Predicting Cancer?