If you need to increase your caloric intake, get the extra calories you need by increasing the number of servings of vegetables, nuts, and legumes, as these are the best foods for improving blood sugar control. Athletes or people engaged in heavy physical labor or exercise should add another serving of seafood, meat, or poultry to their daily intake or add a soy protein or whey protein smoothie to provide an additional 25 to 30 grams of protein.
- Q How can I cut calories from condiments?
- Q How many calories can I burn doing karate?
- Q How can I reduce my calorie intake?
- Q At what point after swallowing does food become a calorie?
- Q Am I burning calories when I shiver?
- Q How many calories are in nuts, beans and grains?