If you need to increase your caloric intake, get the extra calories you need by increasing the number of servings of vegetables, nuts, and legumes, as these are the best foods for improving blood sugar control. Athletes or people engaged in heavy physical labor or exercise should add another serving of seafood, meat, or poultry to their daily intake or add a soy protein or whey protein smoothie to provide an additional 25 to 30 grams of protein.
- Q How can I figure out how many calories I eat in a week?
- Q How many calories are in nuts, beans and grains?
- Q How can I cut calories from coffee and tea?
- Q How many calories can I burn gardening?
- Q How many calories do I burn working out with weights?
- Q Is there a calorie minimum below which people should not go?