If you need to increase your caloric intake, get the extra calories you need by increasing the number of servings of vegetables, nuts, and legumes, as these are the best foods for improving blood sugar control. Athletes or people engaged in heavy physical labor or exercise should add another serving of seafood, meat, or poultry to their daily intake or add a soy protein or whey protein smoothie to provide an additional 25 to 30 grams of protein.
- Q At what point after swallowing does food become a calorie?
- Q How many calories do I need to eat as a basketball player?
- Q Should I count calories?
- Q How many calories do I burn playing golf?
- Q How many calories do I burn doing karate?
- Q How does eating frequent meals affect calorie consumption?