If you need to increase your caloric intake, get the extra calories you need by increasing the number of servings of vegetables, nuts, and legumes, as these are the best foods for improving blood sugar control. Athletes or people engaged in heavy physical labor or exercise should add another serving of seafood, meat, or poultry to their daily intake or add a soy protein or whey protein smoothie to provide an additional 25 to 30 grams of protein.
- Q How many calories do strawberries contain?
- Q How does increasing muscle mass help me burn calories?
- Q How can I reduce the calories I get from red meat?
- Q How many calories can I burn vacuuming?
- Q How many calories are in dairy products?
- Q How many calories should I eat to gain 5 pounds of lean body mass?