What are some simple ways for me to cut calories?

Dolvett Quince
Fitness
Some simple ways to cut calories: Use just one slice of bread on your sandwich, have frozen greek yogurt instead of ice cream, and use almond milk instead of dairy milk. In this video, I will share some easy ideas.
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
You don't have to eat less or give up tasty food in order to cut calories. In this video, I will reveal my favorite way to cut calories by choosing the right foods.
Kate Geagan

You can cut calories by as much as 22 percent without changing your diet at all, says nutritionist Kate Geagan. Watch the video to learn more about this simple way to cut calories.

HealthCorps
Administration
  • If you like beer, try a “light” version instead.
  • Order thin crust pizza and ask for veggies in lieu of some cheese topping.
  • Use pureed fruit or apple butter to replace some of the oil in brownie recipes
  • Wipe the pan you intend to cook in with a towel dampened with oil instead of just pouring oil into the pan
  • Use 2 egg whites and one egg instead of a three-egg omelet
  • Skip candy toppings and just use fruit topping on frozen yogurt
  • Use skim milk in your lattes
  • Always order dressing on the side and use a couple of teaspoons drizzled on your salad
  • Refuse the bread basket at restaurants

Continue Learning about Calorie Restriction and Weight Loss

Calorie Restriction and Weight Loss

Calorie Restriction and Weight Loss

It's important to recognize the role calories play in your ability to lose weight. Varying your caloric intake on a daily basis forces the body to use more energy, thus jump-starting weight loss. Calorie needs also vary from perso...

n to person, so it's hard to pinpoint a specific number of calories to cut while on a diet. The key is not to kick your body into starvation mode by making a drastic cut to calories. Be mindful of nutrition and make small changes instead, like choosing light beer, thin crust on your pizza and fruit over candy on top of frozen yogurt. It's all about healthy eating, not starvation.