How much calcium should a child have in their diet?

In most cases, 2 or 3 servings a day of calcium-rich food is all that your child needs. Toddlers require about 500 mg of calcium daily and can meet these needs from drinking about 2 servings (16 ounces or 2 cups) of milk. (Each cup of milk contains about 300 mg of calcium.) If your child refuses milk, offer 2 to 3 servings of other calcium-rich options like yogurt, cheese, green veggies, or orange juice with added calcium.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Calcium

Do the recommendations for calcium change after menopause?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
That depends on whether you are taking estrogen. It is not too late to keep your bones strong la...
If I don’t get enough calcium in my diet, should I supplement?
Alexandra JamiesonAlexandra Jamieson
Luckily you can get enough calcium through healthy foods like greens, nuts, seeds, beans, and sea ve...
Best Time to Take Your Calcium Supplement
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?