How can I treat my trochanteric bursitis?

Treatment for trochanteric bursitis consists of stretching and strengthening programs for the imbalances that are occurring. For pain, you can use ice and anti-inflammatory medication. You should see a medical professional for information about types of exercises that should be done. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Bursitis

What are symptoms of posterior heel bursitis?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Symptoms of posterior heel bursitis include: Pain at the back of your heel Pain that grows worse w...
What causes ischial bursitis?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
Ischial bursitis occurs when the bursa under one of the ischia (the bones you sit on) becomes in...
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?