How can I treat my trochanteric bursitis?

Treatment for trochanteric bursitis consists of stretching and strengthening programs for the imbalances that are occurring. For pain, you can use ice and anti-inflammatory medication. You should see a medical professional for information about types of exercises that should be done. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Bursitis

How is bursitis treated?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Rest, ice, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen often decrease the symptoms of...
What is anserinus bursitis?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
"Pes anserinus" describes the connection of three tendons: the sartorius, gracilis and semitendinosu...
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?