What should I say to a burn survivor about his injuries?

Be supportive in all capacities. Psychological support is very important. Let them know that you are there for them and that you still see the inner person.

Continue Learning about Burns

How do I care for skin burns?
The most common burns a person receives in the kitchen are scalds and contact burns. Learn how ...
What is a second-degree burn?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
A second-degree burn normally involves both the outer epidermis and the superficial dermal layer. Th...
How do I care for someone with burn pain?
Minor burn pain may be able to be treated immediately with cool water and an over-the-counter pain r...
How can burns be prevented?
Research Medical CenterResearch Medical Center
You can do several things to prevent burns: Keep children away from hot cook tops and ovens, and ...