Post traumatic stress disorder is not well understood by most psychologists and military experts. Ways of preventing or treating PTSD are virtually unknown. Still burn centers believe it’s important for families to surround the burn victim and live in military housing. Also, centers believe that burn victims need to be housed in one central location to give each other moral and social support.
- Q Why are burn injuries so sensitive to temperature?
- Q What is a burn injury?
- Q Why is social support so important for burn victims?
- Q What should I say to a burn survivor about his injuries?
- Q What are signs of an inhalation burn injury?
- Q What are the symptoms of burns?