Post traumatic stress disorder is not well understood by most psychologists and military experts. Ways of preventing or treating PTSD are virtually unknown. Still burn centers believe it’s important for families to surround the burn victim and live in military housing. Also, centers believe that burn victims need to be housed in one central location to give each other moral and social support.
- Q What is a critical burn?
- Q How do I care for skin burns?
- Q What are fourth-degree burns?
- Q What are signs of an inhalation burn injury?
- Q How can burn survivors find others who have been through the same thing?
- Q What should I say to a burn survivor about his injuries?