How might scars affect my mental health?

Having scars can affect you emotionally. Having scars can make you feel upset, angry, lonely and sad. It’s normal to feel these things. When you’re feeling like this, it's important to talk to someone about it.

Continue Learning about Burns

What are the different types of burns?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
First-degree burns are the least severe. They are red and painful, swell slightly, and turn white wh...
What is a second-degree burn?
With a second-degree burn, the first layer of skin (the epidermis) and the second layer of skin (the...
What is a superficial burn?
"Superficial" refers only to the burn's depth of damage within the skin. Superficial burns are first...
How can I deal with the emotional effects of a burn injury?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Talk to your treating surgeon or a burn team member as soon as possible. They are trained to guide y...