Should I talk to my doctor about my burn pain symptoms?

Minor burn pain may not need a doctor's care, but more serious burn pain does. Minor burn pain from a simple first-degree burn can usually be treated at home. If the burn is serious or the burn pain cannot be comfortably treated with cool water and an over-the-counter pain reliever, you should see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Burn Pain Treatment

How is the pain different for the three levels of burn?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
Different types of burns have different types of pain, says Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the Gros...
What is burn pain?
Burn pain is the hurt you feel after you have a burn--a tissue injury caused by heat, chemicals, ele...
How common is burn pain?
Burn pain is very common. Over 2 million Americans are treated every year for burns. That number doe...
How does burn pain affect the body?
The extreme damage caused by burns is not only painful due to the tissue damage, but it can also cau...