Zyban/Wellbutrin (buproprion hydrochloride) can be taken for up to 6 months to one (1) year for smoking cessation. Zyban should be taking daily one to two weeks before you quit smoking. Zyban can be taken while you smoke because it does not contain nicotine. Zyban helps curb tobacco cravings and lessens the effects of withdrawal while quitting.
- Q Does bupropion hydrochloride sustained-release interact with other drugs?
- Q What is bupropion hydrochloride sustained-release?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of bupropion?
- Q Does a higher dose of Bupropion lead to panic attacks?
- Q Is it okay to smoke while I take Zyban?
- Q Is feeling tired a side effect of Bupropion?