How long will I have to take Zyban for smoking cessation?

Zyban/Wellbutrin (buproprion hydrochloride) can be taken for up to 6 months to one (1) year for smoking cessation. Zyban should be taking daily one to two weeks before you quit smoking. Zyban can be taken while you smoke because it does not contain nicotine. Zyban helps curb tobacco cravings and lessens the effects of withdrawal while quitting.

Continue Learning about Bupropion

Who should take bupropion?
Bupropion is indicated for people who have depression or seasonal affective disorder (depression occ...
What should I avoid while taking bupropion?
Until you know how you will react to taking bupropion, you should avoid driving or any other activit...
Is Bupropion an appropriate treatment for nicotine addiction recovery?
Robert RozsayRobert Rozsay
It can be an appropriate treatment under medical supervision. The antidepressant effect of bupropion...
How does bupropion treat nicotine addiction?
The mechanism by which bupropion helps people quit smoking is not fully known. It is thought to be t...