Follow your doctor's precise instructions on how to take Wellbutrin XL (bupropion). Generally, people take a tablet of Wellbutrin XL by mouth every morning, unless otherwise directed by a doctor. If you take a dose of Wellbutrin XL in the evening, you may have trouble sleeping.
Doctors often prescribe an initial dose of 150 mg, but can raise that dosage to 450 mg per day if needed.
Some people -- those with liver problems or those who take Wellbutrin XL to treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD), for example -- do not take Wellbutrin XL daily.
- Q Are there any risks in taking Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q Does a high dose of Wellbutrin XL cause voice hoarseness?
- Q Does Wellbutrin XL help in gaining or losing weight?
- Q What is the difference between Wellbutrin XL (brand) and generic?
- Q How fast does Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) work?
- Q What food and other drugs affect Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?