Follow your doctor's precise instructions on how to take Wellbutrin XL (bupropion). Generally, people take a tablet of Wellbutrin XL by mouth every morning, unless otherwise directed by a doctor. If you take a dose of Wellbutrin XL in the evening, you may have trouble sleeping.
Doctors often prescribe an initial dose of 150 mg, but can raise that dosage to 450 mg per day if needed.
Some people -- those with liver problems or those who take Wellbutrin XL to treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD), for example -- do not take Wellbutrin XL daily.
- Q What are possible side effects of Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q What should I know about Wellbutrin XL before taking it?
- Q What food and other drugs affect Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q Is muscle pain a side effect of Wellbutrin XL?
- Q What is Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?