Follow your doctor's precise instructions on how to take Wellbutrin XL (bupropion). Generally, people take a tablet of Wellbutrin XL by mouth every morning, unless otherwise directed by a doctor. If you take a dose of Wellbutrin XL in the evening, you may have trouble sleeping.
Doctors often prescribe an initial dose of 150 mg, but can raise that dosage to 450 mg per day if needed.
Some people -- those with liver problems or those who take Wellbutrin XL to treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD), for example -- do not take Wellbutrin XL daily.
- Q What should I know about Wellbutrin XL before taking it?
- Q Who should take Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q What are possible side effects of Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q Who should not take Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)?
- Q How does Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) treat depression?
- Q Is the combo of Wellbutrin XL, Lamictal, Abilify & Klonopin ok?