How do people with bulimia nervosa behave with food?

People with bulimia nervosa (BN) have episodes of eating much more than the average person would eat in a particular time period, and they feel out of control of their eating during this time. Then, they do something to “get rid of ” the calories. This may include vomiting, using laxatives or other medications, fasting, or excessive exercise.

YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Bulimia

What You Need to Know About Bulimia
What You Need to Know About Bulimia
The signs of bulimia may not be as clear as you think. Unlike anorexia, people who have bulimia generally eat enough, or more than enough. However, af...
Is bulimia nervosa an eating disorder?
Ximena JimenezXimena Jimenez
Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder in which the person eats huge amount of calories. The person c...
Will I be able to repair my tooth erosion after recovering from bulimia?
After your bulimia has been resolved and you are no longer vomiting repeatedly, you can begin re...
How Can I Help My Bulimic Teen?
How Can I Help My Bulimic Teen?