How do people with bulimia nervosa behave with food?

People with bulimia nervosa (BN) have episodes of eating much more than the average person would eat in a particular time period, and they feel out of control of their eating during this time. Then, they do something to “get rid of ” the calories. This may include vomiting, using laxatives or other medications, fasting, or excessive exercise.

YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Bulimia

What You Need to Know About Bulimia
What You Need to Know About Bulimia
The signs of bulimia may not be as clear as you think. Unlike anorexia, people who have bulimia generally eat enough, or more than enough. However, af...
Can I get better if I have bulimia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes. Someone with bulimia can get better. A health care team of doctors, nutritionists, and therapis...
What happens when a teen has bulimia?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Bulimia involves bingeing (consuming huge amounts of food) followed by purging (eliminating the ...
Candace Cameron Bure Opens Up About Her Eating Disorder