What can I do to help a bruise heal faster?

Applying ice or a cold pack after the injury can help to enhance bruise healing. Watch as Dr. Oz talks about first aid for bruises.

Aaron Nelson
Sports Medicine
The best treatment for a bruised heal is ice and rest. Over-the-counter (OTC) medications can be used to treat the pain and inflammation. You can also use heal cups in your shoes to help protect and cushion the bruise while it heals. Heal cups can be found in different styles and sizes at most stores that have a medicine and bracing section.

Continue Learning about Bruises

When should I call my doctor if I have contusions (bruises)?
Reasons to call a healthcare professional for a bruise: The bruise is accompanied by persistent pa...
Can herbal supplements increase the risk of bruising?
Certain supplements such as ginkgo biloba and ginseng can increase the risk of bruising. Watch as Dr...
What are treatment options for excessive bruising?
Easy or excessive bruising can be normal as you age or caused by vitamin deficiencies or problem...
What are treatments for a bruise?
Most bruises can be cared for at home. Although painful and sometimes unsightly, they are genera...