Bruises change color because your body is breaking down the pigment in blood trapped under the skin. Watch as Dr. Oz talks more about bruises.
- Anoxic Brain Injuries
- Bone & Joint Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Diffuse Brain Injuries
- Ear Injury
- Head Injuries
- Insect Bites
- Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries
- Neck Injury
- Nerve Injury
- Relationship Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Trauma and Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Q What are bruises (contusions)?
- Q What are treatment options for excessive bruising?
- Q What can cause my elbow to swell up quickly after I hit it?
- Q Why do people bruise more easily as they get older?
- Q How should my child be treated for a contusion or bruise?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have contusions (bruises)?