How long does it take to heal from eyelid or browlift surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
It takes approximately 6-8 weeks for the majority of swelling and edema to resolve after a blepharoplasty or browlift procedure. The eyelid surgery is less invasive and suture are removed after 5-7 days. An open or coronal brow lift can lead to significant swelling for up to 6 weeks. On the other hand, the endoscopic technique leads to precise dissection of forehead, temporal, and leads to significantly less edema. Patients normally will take at least one week off of work and refrain from heavy lifting for at least 6 weeks. Pain is normally mild at the most. Severe pain may be a sign of bleeding or a post-operative hematoma. Call your surgeon immediately should increased pain, visual changes occur to prevent permanent damage. For example, an unrecognized blepharoplasty hematoma can lead to blindness due to pressure on the optic nerve and central retinal arteries. 

Continue Learning about Brow Lift

What are different brow lift techniques?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Many different techniques can be used to lift the brows: Coronal brow lifting: This is a tried and...
Can I get a brow lift without surgery?
Anthony S. Youn, MDAnthony S. Youn, MD
A surgical brow lift can cost $5,000. In this video, plastic surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn reveals ho...
Can I Get a Brow Lift Without Surgery?
Can I Get a Brow Lift Without Surgery?
When Should I Consider a Brow Lift?
When Should I Consider a Brow Lift?