Why should I keep my cast clean and dry?

You need to keep your cast clean and dry so that germs cannot get into it. If germs get in your cast they can make you sick. Also, if the cast gets wet, it can lose its shape and will not do a good job keeping your bone in the right position to heal.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones

What should I do for a fractured rib?
Alaska Regional HospitalAlaska Regional Hospital
Treatment options for a rib fracture include doing nothing, external splinting, or surgery.
What kind of doctor should I see if I have a bone fracture?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
Not every broken bone requires a fracture specialist or orthopedic trauma specialist, but many do. I...
What is the difference between a stress fracture and a fracture?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
A stress fracture is an incomplete fracture of a bone. It is thought of as a crack in the bone. A fr...
Can Elderly Women Decrease Their Risk for Falls and Fractures Even If They Start Exercising in Their 70's?