Broken Bones

How long will it take for a broken pinky toe to heal?

• ADr. Bradley Dunlap, MD, Orthopedic Surgery, answered on behalf of NorthShore University HealthSystem
    How long it takes to heal a broken pinky toe depends on where the break is located. Fractures of the small toe of the foot (not the metatarsal bone in the foot) tend to heal on their own if you modify your activities. The time frame is variable from person to person, but generally it can take six to eight weeks for the pain to completely go away, and sometimes even longer for the swelling to resolve.
How can I deal with a broken toe?