How long it takes to heal a broken pinky toe depends on where the break is located. Fractures of the small toe of the foot (not the metatarsal bone in the foot) tend to heal on their own if you modify your activities. The time frame is variable from person to person, but generally it can take six to eight weeks for the pain to completely go away, and sometimes even longer for the swelling to resolve.
- Q Where does the bone for bone grafts come from?
- Q What is an orthopedic traumatologist?
- Q What is the long-term prognosis for patients with hip fractures?
- Q What is a fracture to the neck of the femur?
- Q What are some different types of bone fractures?
- Q What should I do if I fracture my foot or ankle bone?