Why is it important to have an expert treat your child's fracture?

Children are not just “little adults” when it comes to their fractures, as their bones are growing and have unique qualities. Also, fractures in kids have distinctive properties. Special attention is required to diagnose and treat broken bones in children and to make sure they heal properly and do not disrupt bone growth.

Mr. JC Pinzon
Fitness Specialist

Children are still growing bones and proper alignment may be compromised when a bone is broken.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones in Children

How long will my child be in a cast?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
The length of time a child is in a cast after breaking a bone depends on several factors: the child’...
What should I expect when my child’s cast is removed?
Roger Saldana, MDRoger Saldana, MD
When your child’s cast or splint is removed, the area may appear thin and your child may complain th...
When should I call the doctor about my child's cast?
Michael E. Raemisch, MDMichael E. Raemisch, MD
Call the doctor if your child’s cast is too tight or too loose. Check this every day. A cast that ...
How is a wrist fracture diagnosed in children?
Rachel Rohde, MDRachel Rohde, MD
After an injury to the wrist (especially a fall onto an outstretched hand), a child might have swell...