Why is it important to have an expert treat your child's fracture?

Children are not just “little adults” when it comes to their fractures, as their bones are growing and have unique qualities. Also, fractures in kids have distinctive properties. Special attention is required to diagnose and treat broken bones in children and to make sure they heal properly and do not disrupt bone growth.

Mr. JC Pinzon
Fitness Specialist

Children are still growing bones and proper alignment may be compromised when a bone is broken.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones in Children

How long will my child be in a cast?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
The length of time a child is in a cast after breaking a bone depends on several factors: the child’...
What should I know about the pins in my child's broken bone?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Children may get an infection where the pin enters the skin. The infected area will be red and p...
How is a wrist fracture diagnosed in children?
Rachel Rohde, MDRachel Rohde, MD
After an injury to the wrist (especially a fall onto an outstretched hand), a child might have swell...
How should I protect my child’s skin from irritation from a cast?
Michael E. Raemisch, MDMichael E. Raemisch, MD
There are ways to protect your child’s skin from getting irritated: • During the first 24 hours a...