How long will my child be in a cast?

The length of time a child is in a cast after breaking a bone depends on several factors: the child’s age and health; and the type, location and severity of the fracture. Recovery time for a fracture can range from a few weeks to months. If there are other injuries, treatment may be more complicated and recovery may take longer.

A wrist fracture is a common fracture among children. A child with a minimal wrist fracture is typically in a cast for approximately three to four weeks. After the cast is removed, a child should get full range of motion back within a few weeks.  

Continue Learning about Broken Bones in Children