How could my child get a fractured clavicle?

A fractured clavicle is a crack or break of the collarbone (the bony area above the ribcage and just under the neck). It is a common break and may occur during play, a fall or during contact sports.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones in Children

How is a wrist fracture treated in children?
Dr. Rachel S. Rohde, MDDr. Rachel S. Rohde, MD
Treatment varies based on the characteristics of the fracture and the age of the child. The younger ...
How are pins used to treat broken bones in children?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Pins are used to keep broken bones in place until they heal. They are small metal rods from the ...
How should I protect my child’s skin from irritation from a cast?
Michael E. Raemisch, MDMichael E. Raemisch, MD
There are ways to protect your child’s skin from getting irritated: • During the first 24 hours a...
How can I tell if my child has a broken bone?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
One way to tell if your child has a broken bone is the obvious symptom of bone sticking out of skin....