Can deep breathing help me better enjoy life?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

The best way to get past the crosses that you've unwittingly decided to bear is by breathing. It's that simple. When we practice breathing, we increase our ability to enjoy life.

What deep breathing does is retrain your nervous system to tolerate a higher charge of energy. If you practice it with any sort of regularity, you will find that you can feel good practically all the time. It'll be the crosses that don't feel natural. That's why most spiritual traditions of the world encourage their devotees to practice breathing. People's faiths are strengthened when they feel good.

Experts tell us we could be breathing in seventeen pints of air per breath. Most of us settle for a measly two or three. Now, I don't know about you, but if somebody gave me the choice of one or two chocolate chip cookies or seventeen chocolate chip cookies, especially with the guarantee that the more I ate, the more weight I'd lose, I'd go for the seventeen. Go for the breath.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercises

The Benefits of Deep Breathing
The Benefits of Deep Breathing
In To Have and Have Not, Marie (Lauren Bacall) asks Harry (Humphrey Bogart), “You know how to whistle don’t you? You just put your lips together and b...
How does deep breathing trigger a relaxation response?
Your sympathetic nervous system is the part of your wiring that is sensitive to stress and anxiety, ...
What are the physiological benefits of pranic breathing?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The physical benefits of pranic healing are:1. Improved functioning of your waste-removal system. Wh...
Can Deep Breathing Reduce Stress?
Can Deep Breathing Reduce Stress?