How can I perform the Spiritual Breath Exercise?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

To perform the Spiritual Breath Exercise:

Starting position: Same as the Grand Rejuvenation Breath Exercise in the book Your Hands Can Heal You, except that your feet are shoulder- width apart.

Exercise: Exhale through the mouth. Inhale fully, then sniff and lock in the breath. Tense the body, and squeeze the pubococcygeal (PC) muscle. While holding your breath and keeping your muscles tense, bend or lean straight over to the right as far as you comfortably can, until your left heel lifts off the ground. Then reverse the movement and bend or lean straight over to the left, until your right heel lifts off the ground. Perform this movement for a total of three times in each direction. Then return to your starting position by bringing your hands down to your sides. Exhale, then release your bodily tension. Perform one cycle of pranic breathing and then relax and be aware of your body for a few moments. After you complete the exercises, simply walk around and stretch a bit and resume your daily activities.

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercise Techniques

How do rhythm and retention work in increasing my energy levels?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Here is how rhythm and retention work. During empty retention, when you compress the belly, deflate ...
How can I practice proper breathing technique?
To learn proper breathing technique, I recommend taking yoga lessons-where people focus as much on t...
How can I slow down my pranic breathing?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Effective pranic breathing is deep, purposeful - and slow. If you need help slowing down your breath...
How can I exercise with a paralyzed diaphragm?
Paralysis of the diaphragm is not common and symptoms can vary. Diaphragmatic paralysis can affect o...