How can I perform the Grand Rejuvenation Breath Exercise?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

To perform the Grand Rejuvenation Breath Exercise:

Starting position: Perform this exercise while standing. Begin in an erect posture. Keep your feet and ankles together, your spine and neck straight, and your head facing forward. Your arms are straight down with hands at your side. Keep your fingers together. Keep your mouth closed and your teeth lightly touching. Then place your hands on your hips with your thumbs resting on your hip bones and the fingers moving forward into your abdominal area. Move your elbows forward so that your back fans out.

Exercise: Exhale through the mouth. Inhale fully, then sniff and lock in the breath. Tense the body, and squeeze the pubococcygeal (PC) muscle. While holding your breath and keeping your muscles tense, pivot your head forward until your chin is resting on your chest; then move it back as far as it will comfortably go. Perform this back-and-forth movement three times smoothly while holding your breath. Bring your head back to the starting position and exhale fully. Then, without inhaling and while keeping your body - and especially your legs and buttocks - tense, pivot forward on your hips until your upper body is perpendicular to the floor (or as far forward as is comfortable for you), then bend backward as far as you can comfortably go. Perform this back-and-forth movement three times smoothly. Then return to your starting position by bringing your hands down to your sides, and release your bodily tension. Perform one cycle of pranic breathing and then relax and be aware of your body for a few moments.

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercise Techniques

How do rhythm and retention work in increasing my energy levels?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Here is how rhythm and retention work. During empty retention, when you compress the belly, deflate ...
How can I perform the Perfection Breath Exercise?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
To perform the Perfection Breath Exercise:Starting position: Perform this exercise while standing. B...
How can I perform obstacle breathing exercises?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Find an everyday drinking straw.Start paying attention to your “in breath" and "out breath."Take a b...
How can I perform a powerful breathing retention routine?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
With this routine, the longer retention on both the inbreath and the outbreath stimulates the navel,...