How can I perform a powerful breathing retention routine?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

With this routine, the longer retention on both the inbreath and the outbreath stimulates the navel, meng mein, and basic chakras even more.

1. Place your tongue on your palate and keep it there throughout the exercise.

2. Inhale for six counts.

3. Hold for three counts.

4. Exhale for six counts.

5. Hold for three counts.

This constitutes one cycle of pranic breathing with the 6–3–6–3 rhythm and retention sequence. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each cycle. As with the 7–1–7–1 sequence, perform three sets of 10 cycles, with a one-minute rest between sets. (See also the Six Steps Daily Practice Routine at the end of Chapter 4 of Your Hands Can Heal You.)

In Pranic Healing classes, students scan each other while performing the two different breathing rhythm/retention sequences to feel the difference in energy-generation between them. “The energy definitely feels stronger for the 6–3–6–3,” says Pranic Healing student Trish Sharpe. “It also feels more natural breathing in for the six-count and holding for three counts.”

Continued pranic breathing compounds your ability to generate energy and helps you build a stronger energetic foundation, which enables you to generate a greater amount of prana with less effort in a shorter amount of time.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercise Techniques

How can I perform the Inspirational Breath Exercise?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
To perform the inspirational breath exercise:Starting position: Perform this exercise while standing...
How do I practice breath focus?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Here's how to practice breath focus (a relaxation technique that involves deep, rhythmic breathi...
What is the water pump technique for energizing?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The water pump technique is an energizing procedure that utilizes external generation, which means y...
How do I take a cleansing breath?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
To take a cleansing breath: Inhale deeply into your belly, through the nose (if you can't, use you...