How can I learn to keep focus on my abdomen during pranic breathing?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

To keep your focus on your abdomen rather than your chest during pranic breathing, you should do as follows:

1. Lie down on your back on a firm surface.
2. Place a book on your belly over the navel area. The book should have enough weight that you can clearly feel it.
3. Place your tongue on your palate, and keep it there throughout the exercise.
4. Now, begin pranic breathing. Breathe slowly and deeply, making the book rise and fall on your abdomen with each breath. If you cannot make the book move, add more weight until you can clearly feel the area.
5. Be patient. When you begin to get breath into your abdomen, take away the book. If you lose the breath, put the book back.
Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercise Techniques

How can I perform the Memory-Developing Breath Exercise?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
To perform the memory-developing breath (also known as rapid turtle breathing):Starting position: It...
How should I practice controlled breathing?
When you are anxious, you tend to breathe shallowly, using your upper chest muscles. Your breath...
How do rhythm and retention work in increasing my energy levels?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Here is how rhythm and retention work. During empty retention, when you compress the belly, deflate ...
How can I perform obstacle breathing exercises?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Find an everyday drinking straw.Start paying attention to your “in breath" and "out breath."Take a b...