What are the most common breathing disorders?

There are a number of common breathing disorders. The most common are asthma, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and emphysema. Breathing disorders that are common to women include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and lung cancer.

The most common breathing disorders are COPD, asthma and emphysema, says David Kamrava, MD, of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center. Watch this video to learn more.

Continue Learning about Breathing Disorders

Do I need oxygen if I have lung disease and feel short of breath?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Feeling short of breath does not necessarily mean that your body is lacking adequate oxygen. Only by...
What is an endotracheal tube?
Randall D. Stastny, DMDRandall D. Stastny, DMD
An endotracheal tube is the tube that is placed through the mouth or nose into the trachea to allow ...
Manage Stress to Breathe Better With Asthma and COPD
3 Myths About COPD
3 Myths About COPD