What are signs my baby is getting too much medication through breast milk?

If you are breastfeeding while taking medication and your baby shows any of the symptoms below, check with your doctor:
  • Your baby is much sleepier than normal or is difficult to arouse for feedings.
  • Your baby’s breastfeeding patterns change or your baby can’t suck as well as usual.
  • Your baby is constipated.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

Breastfeeding and the Workplace
Breastfeeding and the Workplace
“Pumping Up with Hans and Franz” was a much-loved sketch with Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon that debuted on Saturday Night Live in 1987. The duo often ...
How should I stop breast milk production?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you stop suddenly, you can experience pain from engorgement (clogged milk ducts). You are als...
How does breastfeeding benefit mothers?
Dr. Maria E. Poortenga, MDDr. Maria E. Poortenga, MD
Benefits of breastfeeding for mothers include the following: reduction in breast cancer risk red...
Is Breastfeeding Impossible After Breast Augmentation Surgery?