What should I eat while breastfeeding?

For the most part, breastfeeding mothers may eat any type of diet they choose without altering the nutritional value of the breast milk. Some mothers do find that eating certain foods can make their baby gassy or fussy. However, these foods are different for each mother and baby.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

Is it safe for a vegan to breastfeed?
Audrey Quick , NASM Elite TrainerAudrey Quick , NASM Elite Trainer
It is absolutely safe for a vegan mom to breastfeed.  The same restrictions (see your doctor if you ...
Can I get pregnant while I'm breastfeeding?
Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MDHilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
You can absolutely get pregnant while breastfeeding. Although women who nurse experience a delay in ...
Can I breastfeed my baby if I have a cold?
Breast feeding when you have a cold is fine and there are very few contraindications to nursing. Bre...
Is Breastfeeding Right for You? 8 Facts to Help You Decide
Is Breastfeeding Right for You? 8 Facts to Help You DecideIs Breastfeeding Right for You? 8 Facts to Help You DecideIs Breastfeeding Right for You? 8 Facts to Help You DecideIs Breastfeeding Right for You? 8 Facts to Help You Decide
Do you have to change your diet? And how long should you nurse? Here are the answers. Breastfeeding is recommended for most newborns by all major hea...