How can I start breastfeeding my baby in the NICU?

When your baby is able to start breastfeeding, the newborn intensive care unit (NICU) staff and lactation team will help you and your baby learn to work together. They have many resources (books, videos) and tips to share with you. Take the hospital’s breastfeeding class. This class is offered every day. It’s full of information and is a great chance to ask questions and learn from others.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

Breastfeeding and the Workplace
Breastfeeding and the Workplace
“Pumping Up with Hans and Franz” was a much-loved sketch with Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon that debuted on Saturday Night Live in 1987. The duo often ...
What nausea treatments can I take if I'm breastfeeding?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Information on the safe use of nausea treatments when nursing is limited. The American Academy o...
Why is breast milk helpful for preterm babies?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mother’s milk is best for nearly all babies. For preterm babies and those with certain health prob...
Is Breastfeeding Impossible After Breast Augmentation Surgery?