How do I burp my baby during breastfeeding?

You should burp your baby before moving him or her from one breast to the other, and then after he or she finishes. Hold your baby so his or her head is over your shoulder and rub or pat his or her back gently. The key to a successful burp is to provide a little counter-pressure under your baby's stomach with your collarbone. The gentle pushing against his or her belly, not the back pat, is what really does it (although patting does dislodge bubbles).
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

3 Simple Strategies to Make Breastfeeding Easier
Breastfeeding is a highly intimate experience between a mother and child. It delivers vital nutrients to your baby and shouldn’t be viewed as embarras...
Is it safe to breastfeed while taking prescription pain medication?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Prescription pain medications have been shown to be safe in infants when used:in small amounts ove...
How do breast implants or breast surgery affect breastfeeding?
The most common issue would be the loss of the ability to produce enough milk. Following surgery, th...
6 Ways That Show How Breastfeeding Benefits Mom's Health