Why is it important to be comfortable when feeding my infant?

It's often hard to get a proper let-down if you're stressed, distracted, or breastfeeding on the go. And without a proper let-down, your baby will not get enough to eat and will be hungry again in no time. Try to set aside quiet time to nurse your baby - sit in a comfortable chair with good back and arm support, and set yourself up with everything you need ahead of time (a glass of water, a book or magazine, the telephone within reach). If you have other children, see that their needs have been met so that they won't bother you. After you and your newborn have gotten the hang of breastfeeding, your body will respond automatically to the baby's stimulation of your nipples and you'll be able to multitask.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

3 Simple Strategies to Make Breastfeeding Easier
Breastfeeding is a highly intimate experience between a mother and child. It delivers vital nutrients to your baby and shouldn’t be viewed as embarras...
What is a lactation consultant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Lactation is another word for breastfeeding. If you have trouble with breastfeeding, can’t seem to...
How should I use a breast pump?
When using a breast pump:       • Wash your hands before pumping.       • Pump until your flow of ...
Is Breastfeeding Impossible After Breast Augmentation Surgery?