Absolutely, breastfeeding is a very special experience and one which provides your baby with the best source of nutrition. However, if you are vegetarian do ensure that your diet is well-balanced, varied and adequate in calories, protein and nutrients in the right amounts to meet both your needs for lactation. Consider seeing a registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian nutrition to assess your individual needs and guide you through this process.
- Q Is it safe to consume aspartame if I am breastfeeding?
- Q What is colostrum?
- Q Why do I have body odor when I'm breastfeeding?
- Q How can I avoid bruised or cracked nipples while breastfeeding?
- Q Is breastfeeding impossible after breast augmentation surgery?
- Q What are some tips for breast feeding my newborn?