In addition to being healthy, breastfeeding is also practical, convenient, and good for the environment. Breastfeeding is virtually cost free, while formula is expensive. It is also convenient to be able to feed your baby anytime, anywhere, without having to carry formula, bottles and nipples in your diaper bag. When your infant is still feeding at nighttime, many moms find it easier to simply nurse then to prepare a bottle. Dads can still help by bringing the baby to mom, burping him and changing him while mom dozes back to sleep after the feeding. Further, the environment benefits when moms nurse since there are fewer bottles to wash and no formula cans to throw away. Most moms who breastfeed their first baby choose to breastfeed future children.
- Q Can drinking Guinness stout increase milk production?
- Q Why do I have body odor when I'm breastfeeding?
- Q Can I drink alcohol while breastfeeding?
- Q How can I store my breast milk?
- Q What should I consider when deciding whether to breastfeed?
- Q Why should I consider breastfeeding my baby?