What is breast reduction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Breast reduction surgery is a performed by plastic surgeons to reduce the size of the breast and lift it at the same time. In my Beverly Hills plastic surgical practice, I perform this surgery weekly. Although, many approaches can be used, I greatly prefer the Wise pattern technique (the anchor scar) which allows removal of breast tissue from both the medial and lateral aspects of the breast. A smaller wedge of dermoglandular tissue is removed from above the nipple-areolar complex. This is one of the most satisfying procedures we perform as Board-Certified Plastic surgeons as found on surveys by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Continue Learning about Breast Reduction

How long does it take to heal from breast reduction surgery?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Breast reduction surgery requires an incision around the nipple, down the middle of the breast, and ...
What kind of bra should I wear after breast reduction surgery?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
After your breast reduction surgery, a special surgical bra should be used continuously, except ...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Breast-Reduction Surgery?
Will I Be Able to Breast Feed After Breast Reduction Surgery?