Will I have scars after breast reduction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Scarring on breast reductions can be significant. While they may look very nice for the first few weeks and/or months, they may change. Scars spread over time, and no plastic surgeon can guarantee that your scar is going to look perfect at any time. Early on, you may develop keloid or hypertrophic scarring (thickening of the scars), which can become painful due to nerve growth into the scars. You may want to consider a consultation with a dermatologist who can inject steroids such as Kenalog into the scars helping to flatten elevated scarring.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Reduction

What are the risks of breast reduction surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common risks of any surgery are bleeding and infection. Bleeding or a hematoma is the most ...
Is there a treatment, other than surgery to reduce breast size?
As a board certified plastic surgeon, I perform surgical breast reduction surgery to reduce women's ...
Will I Be Able to Breast Feed After Breast Reduction Surgery?
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Breast-Reduction Surgery?