How much scarring should I expect after breast reduction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Without a doubt, incision sites and scars are your trade-off after breast reduction surgery. This is an operation in which there is a great deal of stress placed upon the incisions. Therefore, you may have very noticeable scars. If you are not willing or able to endure the scarring associated with this type of surgery, especially the anchor scars, then you may want to reconsider this type of surgery due to the likelihood that you will never be happy with the results.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Reduction

How will my bra size change after breast reduction surgery?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In breast reduction surgery, breast tissue and fat are removed. The skin is then tailored around...
Will I need multiple surgeries for breast reduction?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Breast reductions, especially very large reductions, can require multiple staged surgeries. The trut...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Breast-Reduction Surgery?
Will I Be Able to Breast Feed After Breast Reduction Surgery?