Why do I need a breast lift along with implants if I have saggy skin?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
If you have excess skin, and just have a breast augmentation without the breast lift; it will lead to a "rock in a sock" appearance. The implant will end up at the bottom of the breast a short time after surgery and will make the skin sag even worse.

I always advise this type of patient that if she isn't willing to have the lift, then the augmentation will be a disappointment. If the patient still insists, I refuse to do the surgery. If you have excess skin and go to a surgeon who tells you that you can get away with just an augmentation, seek a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon or you most likely end up unhappy with your result.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Lift

What is a full breast lift?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A full breast lift or formal mastopexy usually addresses the most severe form of ptosis, grade III, ...
What is a crescent lift?
A crescent lift is a breast lift that removes skin only from above the areola. Skin in a crescent sh...
What is the average cost for a 'lift'?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
The cost of a lift varies from state to state. The total cost is determined by several factors, such...
Will breast lift surgery affect my ability to breast-feed?
Studies show that anywhere between five and fifteen percent of women will lose the ability to lactat...