Will You Get Breast Cancer?
Some women discover they have breast cancer because of a lump or other symptom. In others, breast cancer isn't detectable without mammograms, scans and more tests. Since breast cancer is curable when caught early enough, it's important to spot symptoms as quickly as possible.Take our breast cancer assessment
Breast Cancer in the U.S.
Breast Health Facts and MythsTest Your Smarts
Family PlanningA drug may save fertility in women following chemo
1 in 8
The number of women who will develop invasive breast cancer in their lifetime
Breast Cancer Q&As
George Knaysi, MD
How is breast cancer detected?
Early detection of breast cancer is the single most significant reason for increased survival. In 1973, there was essentially no mammography, and what was available was of poor quality . . .
- Q What are natural treatments for breast cancer?
- Q What factors increase my risk of breast cancer?
- Q How is breast cancer caused by environmental hazards?
- Q Can alcohol consumption increase my risk for breast cancer?
- Q What are the different types of breast surgery?
- Q What are the symptoms of breast cancer?
- Q Who is at risk for breast cancer?
- Q How can I regain my sexuality after a mastectomy?
- Q Are breast lumps common?
- Q What is the mortality rate for breast cancer?
Breast Cancer Action Plans
Are you worried about breast cancer risk? Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer? Take control of your health.
Cope with Emotions Weigh Surgery Options Beat Fatigue with Yoga Take Steps to Stay Healthy Learn More: See All Breast Cancer Articles
Breast Cancer VideosSee more breast cancer videos
Eat a High-Fiber Diet for Breast Cancer Prevention
Eating foods rich in fiber lowers breast cancer risk. Here's how to get the recommended 30 to 35 grams of fiber a day.
Do You Have Dense Breasts?
Knowing whether you have dense breasts can make all the difference in staying on top of breast cancer detection. Here's what you need to know.