What are my chances of recovering from invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC)?

Johns Hopkins Medicine
Administration
Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC), also known as infiltrating ductal carcinoma, is cancer that begins growing in the breast duct and then invades the fatty tissue of the breast outside of the duct. IDC is the most common form of breast cancer, representing 80 percent of all breast cancer diagnoses.
Your doctor will examine your individual characteristics, as well as the specific information about your tumor to offer you information about your prognosis, or your chances of recovery. Early stage breast cancers carry a higher survival rate than advanced stages.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer