What alternative therapies can help me cope with breast cancer?

Johns Hopkins Medicine
Administration
For most breast cancer patients, the ability to find strength and endure your road to recovery and survivorship is critically important. You may also want to develop a healthier lifestyle than you might have led before your cancer diagnosis. Integrative and complementary medicine programs can help you achieve these goals.
Some special integrative and complementary medicine programs include:
  • Nutritional consultations - A nutritionist can help guide you toward a healthy eating plan that is right for you.
  • Massage therapy for patients undergoing chemotherapy- Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of techniques to enhance the body's natural restorative ability.
  • Stress management counseling for patients and their family members - Counseling can include integrative psychotherapy, which is an approach to healing that increases your resilience and personal strength.
  • Acupuncture - Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine dating back over 5,000 years. When acupuncture needles are placed in specific points on the skin, energy is redirected to bring about a healing response.
  • Fitness guidance - A fitness program can help you combat fatigue during treatment and achieve general wellness after treatment.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer