How can my loved ones be involved in my breast cancer care decisions?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Most women put a lot of value into how attuned a doctor or surgeon is to keeping her partner, family, and other loved ones well informed and involved over time. Ask a prospective breast cancer specialist, “How will you help to involve my family and loved ones in my care decisions?” The doctor’s answer to this question will give you a lot of practical information, as well as insights into how patient centered this doctor is. Ideally, you want a doctor who really considers you a whole person and understands that your needs go beyond just physically getting well.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

How Is Metastatic Breast Cancer Treated?
In this video, Tonya Echols Cole, MD, discusses the encouraging medical advances that are enabling patients to live a longer life with a metastatic br...
Can calcifications in the breast turn into cancer?
Lisa A. Tolnitch, MDLisa A. Tolnitch, MD
Calcifications on mammography do not themselves turn into cancer. They can be a marker especially in...
4 Habits to Keep Your Breasts Healthy
4 Habits to Keep Your Breasts Healthy4 Habits to Keep Your Breasts Healthy4 Habits to Keep Your Breasts Healthy4 Habits to Keep Your Breasts Healthy
Simple things like regular exercise can protect your breasts.
Sharing Care: Leslie's Story
Sharing Care: Leslie's Story