How does metastatic breast cancer affect the body?

Metastatic breast cancer spreads to other parts of the body and causes problems. The problems depend on where the cancer cells have traveled to in the body.

Cancer that spreads to the bones can cause pain and can also make the bones weaker. Sometimes the bones can break. Cancer that spreads to the lungs can cause breathing troubles and a dry cough. Cancer that spreads to the liver might cause a loss of appetite and weight. It can also make people look yellow. Cancer that has spread to the brain might cause a headache that won’t go away. It may also cause confusion or fits.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

7 Questions to Ask When Starting a New MBC Therapy
Also known as MBC, metastatic breast cancer refers to cancer that began in breast tissue but has spread to other areas of the body.  With MBC, the go...
What Should I Do If I Find a Lump in My Breast?
What Are the Risk Factors for Breast Cancer?
Is High Touch Healthcare Still Important?