How many people are diagnosed with breast cancer every year?

Dr. Deanna J. Attai, MD
Surgeon
In the U.S., roughly 240,000 women and 2,400 men are diagnosed with invasive breast cancer every year. Approximately 60,000 women are diagnosed with non-invasive (stage 0) breast cancer annually in the U.S. Worldwide, approximately 1.7 million people were diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012. Roughly 40,000 women and 400 men will die from breast cancer in the U.S. every year.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

The Surprising Breast Cancer Risk Factor You May Not Know About
Getting regular mammograms, which are x-rays that check for any changes in breast tissue, is the key to early detection of breast cancer. But many wom...
How long does it take to recover from breast cancer surgery?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
Recovery time from breast cancer surgery will primarily depend on what type of surgery you elect to ...
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
These gentle workouts can help breast cancer survivors combat some of the effects of treatment, including pain, fatigue, stress and weight gain.
Can Carrying My Cell Phone in My Bra Put Me at Risk for Breast Cancer?