How does a genetic counselor assess my risk of breast cancer?

A genetic counselor is an expert who can assess your risk of developing breast cancer based on family history. The counselor can also help walk you through the pros and cons of getting the breast cancer gene (BRCA) test, explain the possible outcomes of the test and then provide information about next steps. 

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

How to Tell Someone You Have Metastatic Breast Cancer
Telling people you have metastatic breast cancer is not easy. While you may feel isolated and alone, it is important to remember that you do not have ...
Does diet affect my breast cancer risk?
Janelle C. Sanda, MDJanelle C. Sanda, MD
Scientists have long tried to figure out whether there's a connection between diet and breast cancer...
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
These gentle workouts can help breast cancer survivors combat some of the effects of treatment, including pain, fatigue, stress and weight gain.
Cancer Survivor: Jennifer's Story
Cancer Survivor: Jennifer's Story