Where can I get factual information on my breast cancer diagnosis?

There's just a lot of misinformation. And the other thing is that every woman is different. So if you have a breast cancer diagnosis and you read one woman's blog, well, what she went through may not apply to you. So, you don't want to take it as gospel. You don't want to base your decisions on what she did. You really have to be careful navigating through that stuff.

I recommend that women go to websites where the content is created by people who are actually in the field doing the work and caring for people doing the research, as opposed to blogs.

The information, opinions, and recommendations presented in this article have been compiled from a podcast and are for general information only.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911.This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Dr. Dede Bonner
Health Education Specialist

Factual information on breast cancer includes objective descriptions of breast cancer types, stages and treatments. There is a huge number of very useful books and websites on breast cancer. Your family doctor or gynecologist may not know them all, but they can help you get started. Talk to your doctor about websites, books and patient education materials to supplement your knowledge about breast cancer.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer