Does diet affect my breast cancer risk?

The American Institute for Cancer Research and the American Cancer Society have published evidence-based reports that outline how diet may affect cancer risk, including breast cancer. The evidence summarized in these guidelines suggests that body weight, physical activity, alcohol consumption, and intake of processed meats may affect breast cancer risk. In order to reduce risk, recommendations include:
  • achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight
  • being physically active for 150 minutes per week
  • drinking no more than 1 alcohol containing beverage in a day, if you drink at all
  • avoiding processed meats

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

Beauty Tips When Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer
Metastatic breast cancer (MBC) is cancer that began in the breasts, but has spread to other locations in the body, such as the bones, liver, lungs or ...
What Increases Breast Cancer Risk in Women?
Can Carrying My Cell Phone in My Bra Put Me at Risk for Breast Cancer?
What Genetic Testing Is There for Breast Cancer?