Does a benign breast biopsy increase my risk of breast cancer?

A benign breast biopsy does put you at a little increased risk for breast cancer because it is just telling us that your breast is prone to a positive finding on a mammogram(MGM). If your biopsy shows high risk lesion such as atypia or LCIS then it will raise your risk and put you into a high risk category.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

Earlier, More Frequent Mammograms Save Lives
When the TSA imposed stricter screening guidelines on flights into the U.S. this past July, people yowled about the longer lines and extended delays t...
What should I be concerned about if I have a breast abnormality?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
If you have a breast abnormality, such as an identifiable mass or an abnormal mammogram, your concer...
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
These gentle workouts can help breast cancer survivors combat some of the effects of treatment, including pain, fatigue, stress and weight gain.
Is It Possible for Breast Cancer to Become a Chronic Disease?